CORE PASSAGE: Genesis 3:23
Adam was the very first human being, His name means “human being” or “mankind.” In Genesis 2:7 we read that God created Adam from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Adam was made in God’s image and had God’s life in him.
- The Lord planted a garden in Eden and put Adam there (Genesis 2:8).
- Adam named all the animals that God created (Genesis 2:20).
- Adam (and his wife Eve) disobeyed God and sin entered the world, separating us from God (Romans 5:12).However, there is good news! God sent his son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for our sin so that by believing in Jesus we can have a restored relationship with God (2 Corinthians 5:19).
• Temptation can be very attractive.
• Obedience is a choice.
• Wrong thoughts and desires can lead to disobedience.
• We must learn obedience.
• For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.
Other Old Testament Biographies